The Planning and Development Department is considered to be a backbone of any organization, not only in Pakistan but across the world. Kohat University of Science & Technology does have a Department of Planning and Development since its inception. The basic objective of the department is to arrange development funds for the strengthening and uplift of university to enable it to provide quality education and research in the field of Science & Technology.
In order to accomplish the above objectives, the P&D Department is:
- To assist and coordinate with the subject specialists of the University to prepare Development Projects for Strengthening and Launching of Various Developmental activities of the University.
- To Scrutinize and submit the Development Projects of the university for seeking funding from different Donor agencies.
- To follow the already submitted Projects for their approval and release of funds from competent authority.
- To monitor the implementation of approved Development Projects and progress of ongoing development schemes.
- To coordinate and Furnish Progress / Implementation Reports of these Projects to the Higher Education Commission or other Donors.
- To formulate KUST Business Plan & Annual Development Plan etc
- To prepare Annual Reports of the university