Admission Procedure/ Rules for Bachelor/ BS (4 year), Pharm-D, Master and B.Ed Programmes
- The admissions in studies programmes of Bachelor/BS (04 Year), Bachelor of Engineering and Pharm-D (after FA/F.Sc/Equivalent), Master programmes (after BA/B.Sc/Equivalent), B.Ed (after; B.A/ B.Sc/ Equivalent) and M.Ed (after B.Ed) will be advertised in the National Press by the Directorate of Academics alongwith eligibility criteria and will be open for both sex having domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), FATA and the areas for which seats are reserved.
- Applications for admissions shall be submitted (by the eligible candidates) to the office of the concerned Department/ Institute/ Centre on the prescribed form (available in the prospectus) on or before the last date of form submission. The application form must be supported by the attested photocopies of the previously obtained Certificates/Degrees/DMCs, valid result card of NAT/ ETEA, Domicile, CNIC of the candidate and of his/her father/guardian and any other documents as mentioned in the advertisement or as mentioned in the prescribed application form.
iii. The candidates seeking admission in Bachelor of Engineering Programmes must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the programmes and have passed the Entrance Test for Engineering, conducted by ETEA of the Govt of KP for the current academic year with at least 33% marks.
- The candidates seeking admissions in Bachelor/BS (04 year) and Pharm-D Program must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the programmes and have passed either the Entrance Test of the current year, conducted by ETEA of the Govt of KP for engineering and medical programme with 33% marks & 40% respectively or NAT conducted by NTS Islamabad with 40% marks and result valid upto the last date of form submission.
- The candidates seeking admissions in Master programs, M.Ed (1 year), M.Ed (2 year) and B.Ed programmes must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the program and have passed the Entrance Test NAT with 40% marks and the result valid up to the last date of form submission.
- The candidate may apply for admission to more than one program on separate application form if he/she is eligible for that program.
vii. An applicant who is serving in government/ semi government/ autonomous/ corporation etc will submit application- form through proper channel alongwith relevant documents including NOC from parent department. After the confirmation of admission, such candidates will have to furnish approval of study leave for the entire duration of the program.
viii. The reserved seats (other then FATA) shall be filled up by the candidates who are nominated by the concerned authority and have the minimum eligibility including passing of relevant entrance test.
- The candidates who are applying on the basis of open merit/ quota should clearly mention the same in the prescribed column of the application form.
- After the closing date of form submission, the concerned Departmental Admission Committee shall scrutinize the application forms and shall prepare merit list as per following weightage/ formulae:
DETERMINATION OF MERIT for 4 years programs
- FOR ENGINEERING PROGRAMMES
A 10% weightage to the percent marks in SSC/Equivalent
B 50% weightage to the percent marks HSSC/Equivalent
C 40% weightage to the percent marks in Entrance Test (ETEA)
Merit = A + B +C
- FOR BACHELOR/BS (4 YEAR) AND PHARM-D PROGRAMMES
A 30% weightage to the percent marks in SSC/Equivalent
B 30% weightage to the percent marks in HSSC/Equivalent
C 40% weightage to the percent marks in NAT / Entrance Test (ETEA)
Merit = A + B + C
- FOR MA/MSC, M.ED (2 YEAR) AND B.ED PROGRAMMES
A 20% weightage to the percent marks in SSC/Equivalent
B 20% weightage to the percent marks in HSSC/Equivalent
C 20% weightage to the percent marks in BA/BSc/Equivalent
D 40% weightage to the percent marks in Entrance Test NAT
Merit = A + B + C + D
- FOR M.ED (1 YEAR) PROGRAMME
A 5% weightage to the percent marks in SSC/Equivalent
B 10% weightage to the percent marks in HSSC/Equivalent
C 15% weightage to the percent marks in BA/BSc/Equivalent
D 20% weightage to the percent marks in B.Ed/Equivalent
E 50% weightage to the percent marks in Entrance Test NAT
Merit = A + B + C + D + E
- The merit list will be displayed on the notice board of the concerned department/institute/center as well as on university website on the prescribed date.
xii. In case of any query/ objection regarding merit list, the concerned Head of the Department/Institute/Center may be contacted.
xiii. After entertaining the queries/ objections by the concerned Departmental Admission Committee and if necessary, the merit list will be revised.
xiv. The 1st list of provisionally admitted candidates will be displayed/uploaded on the notice board/ website. The candidates will appear in person before the Departmental Admission Committee for verification of original documents and will deposit the admission fee as per prescribed schedule. Those who fail to appear before the Departmental Admission Committee alongwith original documents/ deposit the admission fee as per prescribed schedule, his/her provisional admission shall stand cancelled and the vacant seat(s) shall be filled up from the waiting list and the list(s) so prepared will be displayed/uploaded on the notice board/ website and the candidates will be admitted as per procedure mentioned above. No separate call letter will be issued for interview, provisional admission and fee deposit etc.