KUST library was established in early 2002. It begins its operation in September that year. The library established with a small collection of text and reference resources to fulfill need of the existing departments. In 2003 the library was consisted of only 2000 books. As the number of department increased, so does the collection at library increased. Presently KUST has 14 departments and 05 institutes. KUST Central Library Function as the Knowledge center for the university. It support directly & indirectly all the academic programmes of the university. Besides central library three branch libraries have also been established at KIMS, City Campus and at department of Chemistry. At the movement KUST library has a total collection of 25000 books.
To establish a nationally renowned library, which have the ability to provide a platform to transform KUST in to a seat of learning with access to global knowledge resources.
To facilitate the researchers and general users to access globally available knowledge base. Keeping in view this mission, the library administration is struggling for the achievements:
· To provide learning oriented environment
· To enhance, and improve the traditional reader services
· To promote communication between users & staff
· To facilitate the reader through collaboration with other bodies
· To meet the need of the user skilled
· To provide them services of the digital Era.