The Planning and Development Department has always a vital role in any organization, not only in Pakistan but all over the world. Kohat University of Science & Technology does have a Department of Planning and Development since its inception. The basic objective of the department is to arrange development funds for strengthening and progress of university to provide quality education and research in the field of Science & Technology.
In order to accomplish the above objective, the P&D Department is:
- To assist and coordinate with the subject specialists of the University to prepare Development Projects for Strengthening and Launching of Various Developmental activities of the University.
- To Scrutinize and submit the Development Projects of the university for seeking funding from different Donor agencies.
- To follow the already submitted Projects for their approval and release of funds from competent authority.
- To monitor the implementation of approved Development Projects and progress of ongoing development schemes.
- To coordinate and Furnish Progress / Implementation Reports of Development Projects to the Higher Education Commission or other Donors.
- To formulate KUST Business Plan 2013-2017
- To prepare Annual Reports of the university
To promote integrated planning and development activities at KUST
The P&D Department is to coordinate, facilitate and monitor implementation of integrated development planning. It will also render and facilitate development information services through various sources.